Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

When I left work on Friday I had one plan in mind. Go home, fill the cooler with beer and ice, put on some flip-flops & a Guy Harvey t-shirt, and make my way down to the Marietta Square for the Jimmy Buffett cover band. We get there, find a parking place, haul the cooler and chairs out to the square where a couple of friends already staked claim to a small area on the bricks.

Me and Mrs. Mackalicious had a great night, I drank a sixer and killed 1/2 a pizza from the Marietta Pizza Co. then made it home without having a single person I knew seeing me dance like a buffoon.

The next morning, I woke up by myself because my wife left to run a 5k in Kennesaw that morning. So I roll out of bed and head out to the softball field for our game at 9:30am. Though I'm not really "feelin' it" I kick it into rockstar mode and still manage to squeeze out a home-run, triple, and a single as our team wins 18-12. Not a bad way to start the weekend if I do say so myself.

That was about all the excitement over the break. I did get in touch with my feminine side watching The Holiday and Enchanted with my wife Saturday, but I definitely neutralized the estrogen in my system with a rocket burger from OK Cafe (salmonella-jalapenos and pepper jack cheese) and some good manly, man-work out in the yard as I weeded by the mailbox after church on Sunday.

Just like every other weekend it's over before it starts, but you gotta suck it up, be a man, and go back to makin' money like a tru playa. Just a final thought to think about, if you haven't seen the Sour Patch Kids commercial be prepared to have the image burned into your nightmares because I know one night I'm going to see this thing chase me down a never ending hallway with a butcher knife.

Good at theatres, bad in your dreams

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

back when I was a young-un, I would get Sour Patch Kids at the movies. I would sit in the front row, chew the SPK's up, and throw them at the screen. It's amazing how sticky a chewed up SPK can be.

Mackie said...

Yeah, I love Sour Patch Kids, but much like Sour Skittles I can only eat so many before they turn my tongue to sandpaper.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your wife ran the 5K AND pitched at the softball game - all in one morning. Who's the CHAMP?

Mackie said...

You're the champ!